No one gets to the Moon alone.
Or anywhere else in space, for that matter.
It takes a massive amount of technology support to help scientists create rovers capable of sniffing out our cosmos. At NASA Goddard, it's the Information Technology and Communications Directorate (ITCD) team that provides a full range of IT services and capabilities – including desktop support, application development, collaboration tools, network engineering, and cyber security – so center scientists can focus on their missions.
Each year, ITCD hosts the Goddard Cybersecurity Expo at their secure facility to discuss cybersecurity and technology. You'll want to be there – the event has had a great, lengthy history in terms of both attendees and interest level:
- The audience is very engaged in all sessions and in the expo.
- In 2018, there were 200 attendees (all NASA Goddard employees).
- The CIO (chief adviser to the Goddard center director for IT strategy, planning, and IT service provisioning) and CISO always walk around to speak with vendors.
- There are 3-4 speaking sessions coordinated for the auditorium in building #8 (please submit an abstract - information will be available in August 2019.).
- Event has a unique setup that encourages constant interaction with attendees and allows Industry exhibitors to enjoy the sessions.
- This event is promoted to all NASA Cyber and IT-focused personnel, as well as the entire workforce at this location.