NetApp helps government agencies manage explosive data growth by simplifying the complexities of data management. NetApp offers a complete array of storage and data management solutions that give agencies the ability to consolidate and share information across systems, geographies, and organizational boundaries while providing fast access to valuable information. Through DLT’s partnership with NetApp, we provide cost-effective, fast-access storage for backup and recovery, online reference and archival data, remote disaster recovery/protection, and regulatory compliance.
Private Storage for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
DLT Solutions delivers a unique hybrid solution that leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure with the enterprise benefits of NetApp storage in an AWS Direct Connect data colocation facility. For budget-conscious agencies, the NetApp storage component can be delivered as Storage-as-a-Service (STaaS) - a secure, on-premise solution with a variable, pay-as-you go cloud-like pricing option that requires zero capital investment. STaaS enables your agency to acquire hardware, software and services using operating and maintenance funds, billed in monthly arrears. With NetApp Private Storage for AWS agencies can build an agile cloud infrastructure that balances private and cloud resources to best meet their mission needs while maximizing security and reducing costs. This agile, joint infrastructure solution includes the following technical features:
- NetApp private storage residing in an AWS Direct Connect colocation facility.
- Seamless bidirectional data mobility between on-premises and colocation facilities using NetApp replication.
- Secure, high-performance integration between NetApp storage and AWS EC2 and/or S3 using Direct Connect, a private, dedicated network connection from your premises to the AWS service that lets you transfer large data loads (1 Gbps and 10 Gbps connections) securely and without latency issues.
- Ensure data permanence with SnapLock software.
- Easily move data back to the NetApp on-premise private cloud using NetApp SnapMirror.
- Optional Storage-as-a-Service, a cloud-like pay-as-you-use NetApp storage option that uses zero capital dollars.
- Deploy disaster recovery while activating EC2 only as needed for test and failover.
- Deploy production or non-production cloud. Take advantage of the speed and flexibility of EC2 on NetApp for development, testing and deployment to your on-premise data center for performance and control.
- Accelerate data center migration and consolidation with on demand loud resources.
NetApp EF550 Flash Array
The NetApp EF550 flash array is designed for performance-driven applications with sub-millisecond latency requirements. The NetApp EF550 flash array delivers the extreme performance, reliability, and availability to drive greater speed and responsiveness from the applications controlling your key agency operations. The NetApp EF550 is an all-SSD storage system designed specifically for latency-sensitive business applications demanding the highest levels of performance, reliability, and availability.
NetApp EF560 Flash Array
The NetApp EF560 is an all-SSD storage system designed for mission-critical applications that demand the highest performance, consistent low latency, and maximum availability. Requiring just 2U of rack space, the EF560 all-flash array combines extreme IOPS, ultralow response times, and up to 12GB/sec of bandwidth with leading enterprise-proven availability features, including:
- Redundant components with automated failover
- Intuitive storage management with comprehensive tuning functions
- Advanced monitoring and diagnostics with proactive repair
- NetApp Snapshot copies and remote replication for sub second backup and long-distance recovery
NetApp FAS8000 Series
Accelerate your agency’s operations and deliver superior TCO with the industry’s only unified scale-out storage architecture. NetApp FAS8000 Series storage systems are designed to adapt faster to changing agency needs while delivering on core IT requirements for uptime, scalability, and cost-efficiency. Our most powerful hybrid storage array, the FAS8080 EX is built specifically for mission-critical workloads requiring massive performance (up to 4M IOPS), multi-PB scale, and leading flash integration—including all-flash configurations.
Deduplication and Compression
NetApp data deduplication and data compression are fundamental components of our core operating architecture - Data ONTAP. These innovative data reduction features can be used broadly across multiple applications and storage tiers, including primary data, backup data, and archival data.
NetApp deduplication combines the benefits of granularity, performance, and resiliency to provide you with a significant advantage in the race to provide for ever-increasing storage capacity demands.
NetApp data compression is a new feature that compresses data as it is written to NetApp FAS and V-Series storage systems. Data deduplication and data compression are your partners in the struggle to control data proliferation. The average UNIX or Windows disk volume contains thousands or even millions of duplicate or compressible data objects. As data is created, distributed, backed up, and archived, this data is stored unabated across all storage tiers. The end result is inefficient utilization of data storage resources.
State-of-the-art technologies employing methods based on NetApp Snapshot technology to enable efficient data transfers, reliable backups, instant restores, simplified disaster recovery (DR), and flexible multi-data center replication configurations. Key components of the IDP portfolio are the functions available with the clustered Data ONTAP operating system. The NetApp data protection available through clustered Data ONTAP features solutions that address these challenges and reflect the new technologies that help enterprises effectively protect ever-expanding volumes of data. NetApp also turns investment in data protection into a business accelerator by enabling you to reuse data protection infrastructure and replicated data for other purposes, such as in application development and testing and business intelligence. NetApp data protection solutions deliver:
- Integrated data protection with the unified, scale-out storage platform of Data ONTAP, the #1 storage operating system, which reduces cost and simplifies data management
- Backup and recovery for NetApp and heterogeneous storage, including backup to the cloud
- Disaster recovery for synchronous and asynchronous replication in the data center, remote offices, and the cloud
- Data archiving with rapid data access for discovery and litigation support
- Compliance solutions to meet stringent regulations
Clustered Data ONTAP addresses the challenges that face your growing and dynamic agency by extending the innovation of NetApp Data ONTAP, the world’s number one branded storage operating system. The unified cluster architecture scales and adapts to your changing needs, and reduces risk and cost. It also provides a clear approach to deploy your vision of the cloud, whether private, public, or a hybrid infrastructure. Clustered Data ONTAP is designed to eliminate downtime, allowing you to service your infrastructure without disrupting access to user data and applications, even during regular operating hours. Add capacity as you grow across both SAN and NAS environments without reconfiguring running applications. Clustered Data ONTAP provides up to 24 storage controllers—or nodes— managed as a single logical pool, so your operations scale more easily. Start small and grow big without the burden of disruptive hardware upgrades, which are common practice with other storage vendors.
DLT Service Center
As both an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and a NetApp Platinum Partner, DLT will help you assess your cloud requirements and design, architect, implement and manage the right hybrid architecture to meet your needs – throughout the lifecycle of your service. Our team offer a unique “train-mentor-deliver” approach that guarantees rapid adoption and maximum self-sufficiency. You’ll also benefit from the services of the subject matter experts on-staff, which includes a US-citizen, US-soil 24x7x365 Service Center.
|Contract Name||Contract Number||Sector||State|
|Department of the Navy NetApp Agency Catalog||NNG15SC98B||Federal|
|SEWP V||Group A: NNG15SC07B; Group D: NNG15SC98B||Federal|
|State of Maryland Multi-Vendor COTS IDIQ||06B02490021||State||Maryland|
|State of South Carolina Netapp IDIQ||4400016180||State||South Carolina|